Saturday, 30 November 2013

Granada Pendant

One of the Christmas presents I received last year was Beaded Fantasies by Sabine Lippert. The first design that caught my eye in Beaded Fantasies was the Granada Brooch but I wanted to make it up as a pendant. So I had to work out how to add a bail to the design. For my first version, I improvised a right angle weave band. Here's how I attached it to the back.


For the colour scheme for this piece, I started with hand-dyed satin cord (colour #55) from Accent Bead, which I used for the Kumihimo braid and went from there. The components are a crystal gold shadow 14mm rivoli, copper 4mm bicones and bronze 6mm pearls.

I wanted my second version of the design to co-ordinate with the kumihimo braid I made for  Crystal Burst Pendant last year. I started with the green sphinx 14mm rivoli, which I already had in my stash then added topaz 4mm bicones and dark green 6mm pearls.

There are loads of examples of the Granada design on the web and I found this version which gave me the idea for the triangular bail. This was an interesting design to do and the back is almost as pretty as the front.


tpotty28 said...

Love this design and your gold colour scheme. When I saw the gold one I thought the design looked familiar and there was the gorgeous green one you made for me. Got to admire your output too!

Susan Elliott said...

Wow. These are beautiful. I really like that triangle bail.